Project Child's Annual Conference - Friday, April 17th!
Sponsored by: Northampton County Children, Youth & Families, Hospital Central Services, The Fred J. Jaindl Family Foundation, Seidel, Cohen, Hof & Reid, LLC., Lehigh County Medical Society & Scott Family of Dealerships
"Child Protection Check-Up: Prevention and Effectively Mitigating the Effects of Childhood Trauma," with Cathleen Palm, founder of the Center for Children's Justice.
Cathleen Palm is a child protection activist and founder of the Center for Children’s Justice. She has spent twenty-five years working to improve systems that intersect with the lives of children and families and has served as a consultant with a variety of non-profits, including the Pennsylvania Chapter of Children’s Advocacy Centers/MDTs, The Coalition for Low-Income Pennsylvanians, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape, the United Way of Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania Alliance for Children and Families. Cathleen serves as an appointed member of a variety of state-level committees, including the Joint State Government Commission’s Advisory Committee on Addiction Treatment and the Governor’s Early Learning Council.
Also speaking will be Lorie Lesak from Community Services for Children - Safe Start. Lorie will talk about Safe Start, the impact of opioids on infants and what we can do to help them.
- Explore how Pennsylvania’s existing child protection policies and practices positively affect (and create unintended consequences for) children, families and child-serving systems;
- Gain insight into two-generation non-punitive practices underway in the Lehigh Valley to engage infants and families affected by the opioid crisis;
- Improve awareness about childhood trauma and identify practices to enlist toward effectively recognizing and responding to such trauma;
- Promote opportunities to cultivate resiliency in children and communities;
- Identify tangible, government and non-government, solutions to support and strengthen older Pennsylvanians re-enlisted into hands-on raising a child(ren)
7:45 AM Registration, 4:00PM - Distribution of Certificates
Lunch and Snacks provided.
Friday, April 17th, 2020