Save Your Newborn Now
- Pennsylvania’s program for newborn protection is known as "Safe Haven of Pennsylvania."
- The Act requires that designated hospital staff take protective custody of a newborn and perform a medical evaluation and any act necessary to care for and protect the physical health and safety of the child.
- The hospital is also required to notify the county children and youth agency and local law enforcement.
- The county children and youth agency is to make diligent efforts to notify a parent, guardian or other family member of the whereabouts of the newborn (unless prohibited by court order) and the reasons for the need for protective custody.
- The county children and youth agency will find a safe and permanent home for the baby.
- A statewide hotline 1-866-921-7233 (SAFE) has been established for women in crisis and individuals seeking information to be able to speak with a person regarding the program and to find out the location of the nearest hospital.
Project Child has a new Safe Haven poster, designed by volunteer Brian McDermott. If you would like one or more for your business, please contact us.
- Project Child is a program of Valley Youth House.